There are so many ways to fill those cravings we all have. Below are foods that you may genuinely enjoy as a substitute for high calorie, high fat foods that may be getting you into trouble.
They could include:
* Leafy green vegetables (broccoli, kale, spinach, etc.)
* Carrots, tomatoes, peppers and an occasional avocado
* Soy burgers
* Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.
* A handful of walnuts or almonds each day
* Lean meat like turkey or chicken
* Fish such as salmon
* Beans and other legumes
* Refrigerate sliced carrots or apples in baggies for quick snacks that reduce cravings
Keep going with this. You know which food is good for you. If not, stop right now and call your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist or dietician. Return when you've finished the call.
If you decide to talk to a nutritionist or dietician, make sure you find one you really respect and get along with. This generates a "feel good" attitude that makes you want to keep going.
*List the food you chose to use - or are planning to use - as a substitute today.